- Reduce welding training costs
- Train welders faster
- Increase certification rates
- Safer (no metal, sparks, heat, gas or fumes)
- Two-day free training at manufacturing sites
- Realistic puddle and *actual welding sound* help welders learn to respond and adjust welding technique.
- Simulates sparks, slag, grinding and weld cooling.
- Welding *discontinuities* appear when improper welding technique is used.
- Virtual bend test provides results instantly and reveals what causes a weld to pass or fail.
- Demos of successful welds.
- Replicates proper machine set-up using a Welding Procedure Specification. (Students must select gas type, process, gas flow, amperage/voltage and wire-feed speed into the system.)
- Tracks and scores key weld parameters including work angle, travel angle, travel speed, distance and position.
- Encourages more consistent feedback than traditional training.
- Replay mode (in multiple views) helps instructors and welders identify what went wrong or well.
- Intuitive software program designed to bridge welding curriculum with hands-on training.
*Exclusive to Lincoln Electric
- GMAW (Short Arc, Axial Spray and Pulse)
- FCAW (Gas-Shielded, Self-Shielded)
- SMAW (E6010, E6013 and E7018)
- GTAW (with and without filler metal)
- 2F, 3F, 4F, 5F (Pipe on Plate Only)
- 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G, 5G, 6G
- Practice Plate, Pad, Lap Joint, Tee Joint, Groove 3/8 in. (9.5 mm), Groove on 2 in. XXS Pipe (50 mm), Groove on 6 in. Sch 40 Pipe (150 mm), Pipe on Plate
- Simulates welding certification test
- Mild Steel, Aluminum, Stainless Steel
Please Note: You cannot upgrade from the VRTEX 360 welding simulator to the VRTEX 360+ You must select one model or the other. The 360+ model comes with twice as many tools and coupons as the 360 and different welding processes can be performed on each stand simultaneously.